Welcome to the Llangan Community Council website
LATEST NEWS -
CLERK VACANCY - The Community Council is looking for a new Clerk - JOB ADVERT
Colwinston Community Council is also looking for a new Clerk- JOB ADVERT
Applicants can apply for both or either role.
Next Community Council meeting - 12 June 2018 at 7pm in The Old School Rooms - including an Extraordinary meeting re Treoes Allotment Issues
Llangan community council represents the villages of Llangan, Treoes and St Mary Hill. The council meets on the first Tuesday of each month (no meeting on August - Occassionally we have to change the date, so do check Council Information page) to discuss local issues. We are actively engaged in protecting and improving the quality of life for all those living and working in our local area and promoting self-help initiatives within our rural community.
Our key aims are:
- to act as a link between public sector organisations and the community on a range of subjects including the environment, planning, community facilities, community safety and other issues affecting the area
- to develop a picture of community needs in order to influence services and policies
- to represent the views of the community
- Provide a wide range of advice, information and support for the community and local voluntary groups.
- identify concerns and issues and seek to develop solutions with other partner organisations
- support community projects and groups
Members of the public are welcome to attend our meetings which are held on the first Tuesday of every month (accept July when it is the first Monday) at Llangan Old School Rooms at 7pm. There is a public session at every meeting for you to express your views/ ask questions. The agenda for each meeting is published here a few days before the meeting.
If you have any questions please contact the Clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01446 761107.