Llangan (Welsh: Llan-gan) is a small village and community in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. It is located approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) outside the market town of Cowbridge. As a community it contains the settlements of St Mary Hill, Treoes and Llangan itself.
Llangan became an important religious site in the late 18th century due to the work and preaching of its church's Baptist minister
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
See link to “Llangan County Treasures report”
Llangan Conservation Area.
The Llangan Conservation Area was designated in August 1973 in recognition of the special architectural and historic interest of the village.
Points of interest:
The Lead Mines of Glamorgan and Gwent
There were numerous lead mines in Glamorgan and Monmouthshire. Nearly all these sites have been worked at some time before the resurgence of the lead industry in the mid-nineteenth century, and some of them have evidence of ancient working, particularly in Roman times.
As far as can be seen , only five of the sites were positively worked from the mid-nineteenth century onwards and none after 1878. Little has been published on the history of lead mining in Glamorgan and Gwent. One such site is the lead mine at Llangan that operated into the mid-nineteenth century, and physical remains can be seen at the site to this day.
St Canna's Church in the hamlet of Llangan, Vale of Glamorgan. In the churchyard stands the medieval cross, while to the left of the church is a small open shelter houses an early medieval disc-headed cross.
Llangan Celtic Cross
Located near the west wall of St Canna's Church in Llangan a disc-headed cross slab, 1.3 m high, depicting the crucifixion, 9th or 10th century; set in a stone within an open shelter.